Thursday, October 23, 2008


1993-1994 - Manchester United home shirt 'Replica"

Umbro's new United strip for 1993-94 had a stiffer black collar, suiting Monsier Cantona, who always played with his collar up. There was also a bigger, bolder club badge and, best of all, a "watermark" photograph of Old Trafford to scare off the now-massive bootleg market. It was exceptionally popular amongst match-going fans in pub conversations who could point at their rib cage and say, "I sit just to the left of there!" - Eric Cantona

When did you come up with the idea of turning your collar up? We're you copying somebody else? It wasn't an idea. I put my shirt on. It was a cold day. The collar stayed up so I kept it like that. We won, so it became a habit to play with my collar up. - Eric Cantona

SELLING PRICE : BND55.00 (1 pc only - L size), as of 19Nov08

No comments: